As incredible as it may sound, but some drugs are really able to cause depression in a patient. This effect can be noticed only by the patient, who began to show some symptoms of depression while taking it drug. In this case, an urgent need to contact your doctor, never ceasing to take the drug. Doctor, assessing the situation is likely to try to pick up for the treatment of such funds, which do not have depressive effects. Remember that in any case the side effects in the form of occurrence of depression are not the norm and require intervention.
Cause similar side effects such as depression are certain chemical reactions and changes in the human brain.
It is known that depression can cause:
- Some oral contraceptives (e.g., Norplant);
- Drugs used to treat skin diseases such as acne, shingles, cold sores (which include Zovirax, Accutane, etc..)
- Medicines used to treat high blood pressure and certain cardiovascular diseases (Kardizem, Tiazak, Calan, Tenormin);
- Some sedatives (benzodiazepines), affecting the central nervous system (Valium, Xanax, Dalmane, Ativan);
- Interferon alfa;
- Some drugs, reducing the level of cholesterol in the blood (Lescol, Mevacor, Zakora);
- Drugs that relieve pain and equated to drugs (morphine, codeine, diphenhydramine, Percodan, etc..)
- Some estrogenic agents used in hormone replacement therapy women.