Typically, depression is associated with the appearance of various emotional symptoms, but few people know that it can cause, and physical sensations. The most common physical manifestations of depression include the following:
- Headache. Especially hard for people to depression and migraine.
- Pain in the back. This is especially true for people with chronic pain.
- Muscle and joint pain.
- Pain in the chest. It is necessary to differentiate these pain symptoms of cardiovascular disease.
- Sleep Disorders. This can manifest itself in increased sleepiness, increase in time awake (insomnia), change of sleep (night-day), etc.
- Fatigue or feeling of constant fatigue, exhaustion.
- Disorders of the gastrointestinal tract. The most common are nausea and vomiting.
- Weight change and appetite disorders. People suffering from depression may refuse eating partially or almost completely, dramatically losing weight, or vice versa, seizing a bad mood a lot of food, gaining extra pounds.
- Trembling of the hands (tremor).
As a rule, get rid of these symptoms helps cure depression itself, but if you do not have time to wait, and physical discomfort disrupts the natural way of life, reduces efficiency, and so on, they can be treated independently. For example, insomnia doctor will most likely prescribe you a sedative or sleeping pills for headaches and pain reliever.